Saturday, October 30, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEENIE TO YOU!
















  
Hi!  Nope, I didn't buy one single bag of candy because no one visits our house on All Hallows Eve.  The first years we were living there we bought candy and then ended up eating it ourselves and when I was in the store last night, I pulled myself away from the good candy deals and just got what we needed.  Between, eating (a bit) less and exercising, my pants are getting a little looser and that doesn't mean I get to eat candy, I'll just eat a fresh fall apple instead.  I did however, look for those caramel wraps to quickly and easily wrap an apple with so I could have a little treat but no, they didn't have 'em; so, a naked apple it is!

I finished my shawl and just have to wash it and then block it; then I'll post next week a couple pics.  This is what I'm working on now.  It looks like a bowl but is it the bottom of my Pilates (yoga) mat.  I wanted a cover for it and so I'm making a crocheted version instead of a fabric one.  I had a coupon for Joanne's and it always burns a whole in my pocket so I went and got a couple skeins of this Red Heart yarn called Collage.  I like it and like how the colors are looking, too.  I'ts all a single crochet stitch but I will probably change the pattern a bit because I always do that. 

















This is what it looks like right now and will be about 25" high when finished.  Mats are a tad sticky so I just hope it's not like trying to get socks on a baby when I go to put the mat away after class!

My daughter is still in Vegas working temporarily and I miss her.  She sent me this card and I'm sharing it with you!

On the inside it says, "Hope Your Halloween is so Happy, that it makes you Glow Inside."  So I hope your Halloween does make you happy and feel that way, go enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I decided it was time to check out your blog, and I love it! Its funny to hear your comment on halloween candy, as I have already broken into the M & M's. I think I'm going for the apples next year too!! I'm still trying to figure out how to send this to you... Third times a charm! Jill