Friday, November 5, 2010

Shawl is Complete

Howdy!  My Monet (Berroco brand yarn, named Monet) shawl of many colors is finished and I wasn't too tired last night (yeah) to finally take some pix of it.  I followed the pattern (Lion Brand Half Moon Shawl) pretty much, only I wanted it elbow length and had just the right amount of yarn to do so.  I didn't make it as wide since I wanted it to come together but not overlap in the front.  I will add a closure to it when I think of one that would work good. The yarn was a bit difficult since it was chunky then got thinner in places.  I accommodated this by doing single crochet instead of double crochet when it got thick.  I'm happy with it.




































































Still working on the mat cover and started a new project but that is for a gift and I have to be *hush* about it since that person may visit my blog.  I don't know how many handmade gifts I'll be able to make before Dec. 25th but I'll give it my all!

It's getting wild at home.  The workers are there almost every day and whipping the house into shape.  Last Sunday there was the scraping on the outer walls on both sides of the house and the noise was so nerve-wracking that I spent most of the day outside weeding the garden and moving around my poor plants that got banished from the porch to the driveway.  My bathroom ceiling is done except for white paint that got on the dark gray grout at the ceiling edge and there is still a fine layer of sanding dust on everything in my room.  So guess what I'll be doing this wknd?

I took down the sheers over the sliding glass door prior to sanding and painting and washed 'em and one ripped in the center of the panel.  They were original with the house only I took them down from a different window as it was to be temporary anyway and now the fabric became rotten from the southern sun on it after many years.  I'm going to put clear tape on the rip and hang them up again until I get some new curtains since the sun beats in there all afternoon long and since there isn't any curtain hanging there for the past week and we've had a heat wave, the damn bathroom is like a brick oven; tile from floor to ceiling, can't you just feel the heat?  All my stuff that was in the bathroom is still strewn about my bedroom and everything is a mess, yuck.

The elections have left me depressed and I know I have to get over it.  But, what is the definition of stupidity/ insanity?  Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.  California's too liberal gov't is what has ruined California and the majority of the people voted into office, the same people and now what, do they expect a different result?  Barbara Boxer, senator for 28 years, hello...we need change not the same crap.  All in all, we didn't have really great choices to choose from.  However, some states made big changes and I salute you all for your effort.  We'll have to see what happens, meanwhile I'd better get back to work.  Now, where was I?  Oh yeah, filing papers, what fun.  But wait, I think I'll finish my lunch and crochet a tad, first.

Hope you are having a happy day despite the insanity of others!!!

7 comments:

- said...

The shawl turned out to be a beauty!
The length is perfect.

Pammy Sue said...

Yay, Annie! You finished it! And it turned out really gorgeous. I love it. It looks so soft too.

Applause, applause, applause...

Linda said...

I love the colors! It looks elegant--you did a beautiful job.
Ugh on the sanding dust (I feel for you!)--and the heat. Hope it turns cooler for you soon.

Just-Do said...

Hi Anni,
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Same as you I love reading other peoples thoughts about what I am doing. Your shawl is amazing. I really like the colours and shape. If I were you I would wear it all the time.
groetjes, Dorien

D. Carlen said...

Hiya Annie. The shawl is very pretty; lots of lovely color in there. It is easy to see why it is labeled "Monet." Hugs, D

Pam said...

Bravísimo!!!
It's beautiful!!
You are a wonderful crocheteer!

Hugs!!

Pam

Josie said...

Hi Annie, just found my way to your blog by way of Clara's blog. I love your shawl, aptly named "Monet"! Very pretty. I was born and raised in L.A. too although I'm now a couple hours away in Santa Barbara. I see you love animals as do I. Your puppy of the day is adorable. I've got 3 dogs :-) I look forward to perusing through your Flickr. Have a lovely day!