Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Cold

Hello!  I should be dancing/exercising at my class but I started not feeling so great last night and then a bit worse today.  Then I left this morning and forgot to take my mat, just as well since I don't feel any better right now.  I'm gonna let the traffic die down a bit and then go home and go to bed.

Over the weekend I got the bathroom together and finished cleaning my room and never made it down to the kitchen cabinets.  It was such a gorgeous Sunday that I just had to be outside.  Besides, I forgot I still had all those Iris rhizomes to plant in pots so I can take them with me when we sell the house.  Last year we had so many rainy Sundays that I couldn't get outside to garden and then last night on the news they said it might rain this coming weekend.

These pots made it back onto the porch, hee hee!















Close up of a Bromeliad flower




















The Bromeliad plants are blooming right now and since  they can't be seen by passerbys, I plucked most of them and brought them inside to enjoy.  
All my vases are packed so I used an old plastic glass.  

I was really busy yesterday at the shop, it's like the beginning of the holiday season has arrived.  I need to get out all the Christmas decorations and inventory to sell since everywhere I go all the holiday stuff is out already.  I just don't feel in "the spirit of the season" right now.  I also need to order supplies and more bubble wrap & boxes just in case there is a rush on shipping.  

They say you can tell allot about someone by their trash.  Here's mine.  Right by the chair that I read and crochet in.  Candy wrappers and box, ice cream container and popsicle wrapper.  Hmmm, too much sugar last week?  Maybe that's why I got a new cold.  Gotta get the vitamin c and hit the sack early tonight.  I wanted to say "Thanks" for your compliments; to those of you who stopped by and commented on my shawl.  Hope you're all having a nice week!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry you're feeling under the weather. :( Glad some of your plants made it back onto the porch. Your bromeliads are incredible. Do you have Christmas cactus? I can't resist them this time of year. Take some Emergen-C and feel better!

- said...

Get well soon!

Pammy Sue said...

I love those Bromelia plants. I don't think I'm familiar with those. Cool color.

Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are better soon. Hugs.

The Maca root is working Fab! I'm at least 80% better with the sweating at night and flashes during the day. Yipee! My cousin said the same thing. I'm using 1/2 tsp powder in apple juice. I take it at noon. Any later and it keeps me awake. It gives me a buzz.

Josie said...

I hope by now you're feeling a little better. It certainly is that time of year when our immunities seem to be down, probably the stress (which I like to blame everything on). Take care and hope you're able to get back to your home-y pursuits soon. xxx Josie
P.S. Thx for the Swiffer tip...LOVE them :-)