Tuesday, October 12, 2010

So it's not 10-10-10

Hey, I really wanted to post on Oct. 10, 2010 just because 10-10-10 is cool.  Being home, I just didn't get to it.  Anyway, here are some pix of the past few days and what I've been up to. 

On 10-9-10 a lovestruck person writes...
















I was outside and noticed in the perfect, no clouds blue sky, someone had something to say.
















I heart KRI.  That was it.  Must've gotten windy up there.  Was it Kris, Kristin, Kristine or Kristina, what?  I will never know.  But one thing is for sure.  Somebody wuv's somebody and their name starts with kri. 

















The new (cheap) curtain rod came apart when I pulled the curtain open and it scared me.  Nuthin' a little scotch tape won't fix!


















I had a coupon and made this for no other reason than I was in the mood for chocolate.  The icing is melted 1/2 cup choc chips, 2 tbs butter and a tad of water.  Yum, super moist with a glass of ice cold milk.  I like bundt cakes, they get done without having dry edges.

















I had 2 large pots like this full of Iris and Narcissus.  Time to separate and give 'em new soil.  They've called these pots home for about 9 years.  Kinda big job.  But I sat on the ground, like a kid not caring about dirty clothes, legs or feet and went to town, dumped 'em out and pulled 'em apart. 

















Now, I have to plant 'em.  Didn't get to that this wknd.  It's too early for Narcissus but that's what happens when you live where it's warm, they come up early in time for Christmas some years.


















This is my current project, Lion Brand Half Moon Shawl.  I'm further now as I made time to work on it this wknd.  I like it so far.  The yarn being bumpy, gets thick and thin in places so I compensated by using a single crochet instead a double c. stitch when the yarn got thick. 

















We still have some flowers justa bloomin' away.

Have a lovely week!
oxox

No comments: