Monday, August 30, 2010

Artichoke Man












Another art project from college:

I don't know what prompted me to make an artichoke into a character.  Maybe it was because it was a vegetable both my kids would eat (dipped in garlic butter of course) way back when.  I thought I'd hang it in my kitchen but it always got packed away which is what happened again.  Someday I say to myself...I'll have all my stuff out and it will be like Christmas morning!

I don't remember what the assignment was but I liked how it turned out.  I know it had something to do with color because I would never have chosen red and pink checks as a background.  When it finally gets unpacked and has a place to be hung up I think I'll paint over the checks maybe black and white...hmmm...dunno?  I had a nice weekend and a lovely visit with Tracy.  It just goes by way too fast.  Hope you all have a terrific week!


No comments: