Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some Random Thoughts

Hey!  Women got the right to vote 90 years ago today.  YEAH!  So celebrate today and vote in the next election!

I woke up at about 4:30 this morning with the sounds of someone crying hysterically.  It was my new neighbor.  I have a feeling that her mom passed away she has/had been ill.  A sweet elderly lady.  How sad.  It was kinda eerie and I had a hard time falling back to sleep.  I wanted to do something about it to make her feel better.  I hate that hopeless feeling of not being able to help.  I don't know them well but loss is so transcendent to all living creatures.


















We're finally having summer here.  Yesterday was hot, in the 90's and today there is some high clouds acting like it could possibly rain because it's HUMID today.  Thankfully I'm in air conditioning.

It's the kind of day for tea and relaxing!
















On my way to work this morning there was a guy that was maneuvering his moving van perfectly.  He had to back up his big truck and try to go into a narrow driveway off of the incredibly busy street. All eyeballs were on him with the intentions of "hurry up and get outta our way".  Even with all that pressure on him he was doing a beautiful job!  Let's celebrate all those people who do their jobs so professionally!


I'll drink to that!

1 comment:

Linda said...

What an uplifting post! And how sad about your neighbor. :(