Monday, March 8, 2010

Camellias

Hi, A couple weekends ago, Descanso Gardens had one of their Camellia shows. Here are some samplings of the show.


 If you click on the photo you can see the whole picture.

These are the most common Camellias and they are what most people think of when they think of Camellia flowers. These are my favorite type of camellias and I don't like to think of them as common for they are sooooo pretty!

































These are full, ruffly, petaled varieties and they remind me of Carnations.  Most Camellias don't have any scent but recently they've hybridized some to have a scent.



































Here is a new hybrid.  Ruffly in the center.  I've never seen this kind before!  The pix is a bit out of focus.














This one was such a pretty deep red.
 
















There were so many entries and these are some that I wanted to share with you.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments: