Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Being Constructive


Here's a few pix of what's going on around here.  This is my sis' husband JD who is helping to fix up the not so lovely parts of our house.  This is him this morning in our basement.  It is partially underground.  Most houses in Southern California do not have basements as it doesn't freeze here and so our foundations don't crack.  But they will crack with those darn earthquakes we have.  We are fixing the wall because of some water damage.  Water is wonderful until it goes where you don't want it.  This house was built in 1948 and is in need of lotsa repairs.  The ceiling opening is where we had the kitchen pipes repaired awhile ago and so this room (which was originally {supposedly} maids quarters) is getting fixed and will finally look nice! 

JD's trade is electrician and he is great at it.  He keeps the Orange County Hospitals up and running, especially the ICU backup generators and all that good stuff.  But he is very handy and knowledgeable when it comes to fixing things.  Ya wanta have him fix your electricity problems? Then he's the MAN for you.  Leave me a comment or email me and I will get back to you!


Finally finished with the new brochures.  These are the chosen ones.  The paper choice was easy since I had it on hand and I really needed to use up what I have and not be wasteful.  But the format and design went through some changes.  I printed some up yesterday and now they are ready for customers to grab.  Now to complete folding all of them and where in the heck did I put the 3 tier clear plastic brochure holder??? *sigh*  I just looked in my storage room and what a SCARY place that is.  Totally in need of organizing (again, she sighs).  Use the back up plan and use some other brochure holders until I find the other one, ughhh!  I'm off to locate those, see ya...

No comments: