Saturday, July 10, 2010

So far so good...

Hi,
An update on my refinishing project.  All went well and I took before pics but it's been overcast in the mornings to take the after pics and I haven't been home until dark being busy with work.  So, I plan on taking some after pics tomorrow.  I finished the smallest bathroom cabinet.  In the areas where there was missing finish and color it will need to have a second coat.  They're all shiny now and look sooo much better!  It was so easy, too.  I promise, pics in next post.

The front garden is now OFFICIALLY DONE except for occasional weeding and daily watering until the roots are established.  I took pics but they didn't come out good so I'm taking more tomorrow of them as well.

I also want to apologize if  you saw some ads on my blog.  I use Firefox as my browser (love it) instead of Explorer and there is an add-on that blocks all ads (looooovve it especially on sites that have a ton of ads that slow down page loading).  Well, I went to add a couple of new gadgets and they weren't working right so I disabled the ad blocker and noticed that I had some google ads appearing on a couple of gadgets I already had.  Then I went to find out how they got there because I never signed up for "monetizing my blog".  Talk about a maze from hell on "blogger help" trying to figure out that so instead, I just deleted those gadgets.  I'll research that later.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you this is my latest fav from there.  If you like blue cheese dressing and pecans you'll like this:





















Here are some pics of my darling niece's dance recital:
























































































She was in 8 dances and these are just pics of 4.  She did so well, she's such a beautiful dancer!






















I'll end off with how amazing mother nature is.  Look at the Lobelia flowers growing out of the cracked pot.  Yes, I need to repot this vine plant.  I'll get to it one of these days....

Now I'm off to the weekend, bye for now!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Your niece looks like you! What a doll. Love the lobelia. Looking forward to your pics--I'd love to redo our cabinets, but I'm lazy. :)

D. Carlen said...

You seem as busy as me. The pics of your niece are lovely. She looks like quite the dancer there. Am still painting - the bath\laundry room now; but trying to make time for crafting. Current post is knitting for fashion dolls; check it out if it interests you at all. Take care, Donna
P.S. I primed and painted a coffee mug hutch and it looks so bad, you'd think I painted it with a rake...and, I hung it back on the wall anyhow (at least for the time being) hahahaha