Monday, November 2, 2009

Renovation Update

I had fun down at my sisters helping to get the kids ready for trick-or-treating and got home late last night and then it's to work this morning.  With the time change it keeps seeming later than it is.  It's a warm day, too so it doesn't really feel like fall today.  Now I'll get home and won't have any daylight until next spring.  That just means I have to do stuff like water the potted plants in the morning before I leave for work.

Here are some pix of the basement bathroom wall that needed to be fixed.  JD, my bro-in-law that is doing the work, took some time off this project and showed my son how to apply mastik, a roofing material to the leaky places on the roof.  The he took a bit of time to do some other jobs.  Now he's back and will be getting to the kitchen wall project.
























Drywall is finished and the mud has been applied.  It just needs to have the medicine cabinet put back in and some paint.























Here's the kitchen wall and window area that needs to be fixed.  Should we paint over the wall paper or remove it first?  What do you think? Part of the wall paper is already removed.
















Yes, the wallpaper is homely and the floor ugly.  I didn't choose 'em but just lived with them for wayyyyy toooooo long!

No comments: