Friday, May 25, 2012

Growin' Fruit

Hi,
I thought I'd take a break from the Sherman Garden pictures to show you what's growin' in my yard.
I planted some strawberries in one of those hanging planters with the holes on the sides.  I suppose the squirrels and birds might get 'em before me but at least the snails and slugs won't.  Here's the first flower taken a few weeks ago!
















I also have a small apple tree that is planted near my backyard.  When I moved in last Sept. there were apples on the tree and nobody on the property came to get them so before they rotted off the tree, I picked them and made an apple pie!  This pic is from last week, it was budding out and now it's in full bloom and the flower buds are such a pretty pale pink.


















































Planted some peppers, cilantro, basil and parsley in the backyard
Strawberry and Upside down cherry tomatoes



















Picture from last week


















Look!  It got ripe and I ate it before the squirrels or birds got it!


Patio type medium sized tomato plant, hopefully won't get too big!








































Got any big plans for the holiday weekend?  I'm taking the three days, gonna relax a bit and think of those people that risked their lives and died so we could have the freedoms we have here in the USA.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful time whatever you plan to do.


1 comment:

Linda said...

You have a lovely, peaceful oasis - hope you enjoy it this weekend!